Wednesday 16 February 2011

THE FACEBOOK APPEAL





There are so many reasons why I shouldn't be here.

However, there is one reason I still am. That reason is Jesus.

I haven't blogged for the longest time......I simply couldn't be bothered. But today, I'm compelled to share with you my love for Jesus Christ, or rather, His love for me.
Jesus has saved me from a lot of things....A LOT of things: Idolatry, sexual immorality, myself. Everyday, I'm amazed by His love and His forgiveness. February 6th 2010, I was baptised and in front of my friends and family, I publicly declared Jesus as my Lord and Saviour.

I don't feel that that's enough. It's all well and good in front of my Christian friends and church family, but what about my friends who don't know about Jesus? 

Step forward The Facebook Appeal. Today, February 16th 2011, I want to let people know about Christ; yeah I want my friends to be saved, but today let's just start with an introduction first and then we can take it from there, no? There are over 400 friends on my facebook profile....granted, there may be less after this, but you know....some people aren't ready to hear the truth. But if just a handful of people are touched by this, it could be the start of a beautiful and fruitful relationship with the Lord.

Don't think that I'm a 'bible basher' (bibles are for reading, not bashing), and please don't assume that I'm skipping down Peckham Road with a basket of flowers singing my heart out - I have days where I feel I'm struggling and can't cope with work/family/friends etc. But those days are easier to deal with when I put my hope and trust in Jesus and leave Him to sort it for me.....Jesus has my back, He deals with it all, He brings me a joy I can't describe.

I'll stop there for now, but I'd like to leave you with a couple of lines from one of my favourite songs we sing at my church:

And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Nuff said.




No comments:

Post a Comment